Style Tips for Mom with Bloggers Audrey McClelland and Vera Sweeney
Moms and fashion influencers Audrey McClelland of Mom Generations and Vera Sweeney of Lady and the Blog hosted a Mother’s Day event with Armitron to toast moms and talk about their favorite trends. We asked them about how they define their style, and they gave us their inside fashion scoop!
How does being a mom impact your style?
- Audrey McClelland: For me, it’s always been about wearing styles that make me feel confident and beautiful. With 5 kids, I’m more about dressing up jeans and being chic and relaxed at the same time. I love jeans, heels and a blazer! I love easy go-to looks that work for school events, after school activities and dinner out. I also still have a toddler, so I always make sure my fashion is comfortable enough to be able to pick up my little girl and go! I honestly still wear my highest heels and my ripped jeans, but I love to balance them out with classic pieces!
- Vera Sweeney: I can honestly say that my personal style has changed due to age – not motherhood. I never let being a parent define my style in any way. Being a parent is probably the best part of my life, but I don’t believe that moms have a certain dress code. I express myself freely and openly through style and love to see others do the same. How boring would it be if all moms dressed alike?
What are some of the hottest fashion trends you are loving this season?
- AM: I am OBSESSED with ruffles and off-the-shoulder trends. I have bought blouses and dresses non-stop this season that reflect these styles. They’re so elegant and pretty and chic to me!
- VS: I love how accessories are playing such a bigger role in our day-to-day looks. A woman can absolutely run around in a t-shirt and jeans, but now she does so with a great statement necklace and a bold-faced watch. Details matter. Details define you and I believe that more people – even those outside of the fashion industry – are starting to understand that.
What is your favorite new watch trend and why?
- AM: I’m all about the Rose Gold. I’ve been a Rose Gold fan forever! My phone is rose gold. My handbag is rose gold. It’s only logical that my watch be rose gold, too! I absolutely love it, it’s such a gorgeous look to me.
- VS: Admittedly, I am such a huge fan of rose gold! It’s my color of chose for any tech that I pick up and now I can proudly continue that tradition in my watch selections thanks to Armitron’s amazing spring line up. So chic!
What is your favorite watch to wear, and how do you pair it with other accessories?
- AM: The rose gold Armitron watch with the larger face, with Swarovski crystals around it is my favorite! I love that I can dress it up and dress it down. I love that I can wear it with ANYTHING and it’s chic and classic and beautiful. It’s the kind of statement piece that stands out and people notice, I love that about it! As far as pairing with other accessories, I’m all about gold colored necklaces, so I would layer them up and I feel like it would make the watch pop more!
- VS: I am a woman who likes to make a huge statement with her accessories. Naturally, I opted for a bold faced, rose colored Armitron watch with Swarovski crystals embellishing the piece throughout! I mean – go big or go home, right? Some might reserve this piece for special occasions, but I literally wear it every single day – to the supermarket or the office or out to dinner with friends. It goes with everything.
Who are your biggest mom style icons?
- AM: My biggest style icons that I love and admire: Rachel Zoe (she’s everything) and Reese Witherspoon.
- VS: We live in such an amazing time, don’t we? So many incredible style icons to choose from! I’d say both Zoe Saldana and Gwyneth Paltrow really have that Classic Chic look down to a t. Rachel Zoe never disappoints. I also have a serious girl crush on Kate Beckinsale and while we are bringing up fashionable moms… how can we ignore Victoria Beckham? I bow down
For more information about Armitron, subscribe to our newsletter! Be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest and check us out on Have2HaveIt for the latest styles, tips and trends. To learn more about Audrey McClelland and Vera Sweeney, check out their blogs, Mom Generations and Lady and the Blog.
Featured in this article (click image for more details):